Friday, May 4, 2012
DIY: Chained Floral Collar
Obsessing over collars as a statement accessory this trend, I created another collar using left overs from the blue bloom bustier top designed for dknstrkt and some bronze chains.
How to do it?
1. cotton fabric (2 kinds: 1 for the actual collar; 1 for lining)
2. ribbon / chiffon hems
3. paper for pattern
4. scissors (regular or rotary cutter)
7. fusible interface (optoinal)
3. Sew the middle ends of the collar together.
**If you don't want to use an interface, just sew the lining and the collar together using step 5 & 6.
6. Sew the ends by placing the edge of the fabric halfway in to the stitch. So the right side of the stitch won't touch the fabric, but the the left side of the stitch will be stitched.
8. Pin the ribbons. I used the hems of another chiffon maxi dress that I have previously altered just to recycle and make it easy for me since I don't have to create another one.
9. Then sew them together. For this, I just used a regular running stitch to sew the ribbon to the collar.
Voila! I can't wait to put this on with my altered cascade top.